¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday the 13th




Friday the 13th is a day of dread for some. Friday the 13th occurs when the thirteenth day of a month falls on a Friday, which superstition holds to be a day of bad luck. In the Gregorian calendar, this day occurs at least once, but at most three times a year. Any month's 13th day will fall on a Friday if the month starts on a Sunday. The big crash on Blogger has already been associated with Friday the 13th.

All that said it's interesting to note that the number 13 is directly connected to things of significance - for example Jesus had 12 disciples and King Arthur had 12 knights around his round table. I am building my Grey Knight army around 13 models - Draigos, a Librarian, two squads of five Paladins each and a Techmarine. Doesn't sound like much on paper but based upon my experience I think it can deliver at 2000 points by taking the right choices for heavy support such as a landraider Crusader and a Dreadknight. I have always been a big fan of Deathwing so Paladins are a natural choice for me. I have a play test game scheduled for this weekend and will most likely be posting a batrep here on Sunday evening. I'm really looking forward to seeing them in action.

No comments: