¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Tyranids in 6th edition - crystal balls & talking heads

I am the kind of person that lives for the assault phase. Bring your brass knuckles and be ready to throw down... Let's party bros. It looks to me like Tyranids can dominate this phase of the game with lots of broods that have the ability to ignore armor saves. On the flip side I think it's obvious 6th edition has a very strong bias towards the shooting phase. There is all kinds of shooting in the new edition so how can you dominate a game with assaults? Obviously speed and mobility are very important. We have no fliers but we do have a penultimate Flying Monstrous Creature (FMC).

It would seem that Tyranids are suddenly the hippest army ever... Heh. To me that's hilarious. I see lots of articles about the new awesomeness of Tyranids and how super awesome they are now. Funny thing is I don't see any army lists or tactics how to run them for optimal effectiveness. It's one thing to say Tyranids are the bees' knees but definitely another thing to truly explain why and show your audience how to win with them now in 6th edition. We are all learning together... Some things are easy to understand but it seems like there is a bit of a learning curve to 6th edition. Oh well let's enjoy this state of confusion while it lasts.

My goal here is to show you how to win with Tyranids in 6th edition. This was always my goal.

Peace out !

No comments: