¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Monday, August 06, 2012

Revised 2k Tyranid army list


I had some spare time to mess around with Army Builder today and put together the 2000 point list I proposed last week. Here it is...

Hive Tyrant
- Armored Shell, 2x twin linked devourers (Brainleech ammo), toxin sacs, regeneration
- Old Adversary
- 2x psychic power (Biomancy Lore)

3x Tyrant Guard
- bone swords

15x devilgant
Tervigon
- Crushing Claw, cluster spines, toxin sacs, adrenal glands
- Catalyst, Dominion, Onslaught

15x devilgant
Tervigon
- Crushing Claw, cluster spines, toxin sacs, adrenal glands
- Catalyst, Dominion, Onslaught

3x Hive Guard
3x Hive Guard

6x Ravener
- Rending Claws

Trygon
- toxin sacs

So it's not quite as big as the original list but still pretty close. There have been a lot of comments regarding the choice of Raveners. I like them since they are highly mobile and can lay down a lot of rending attacks - they are meant to act primarily as a counter assault unit and deal with enemy dedicated melee units that penetrate my backfield - I'm thinking of units like Grey Hunters arriving via drop pod. Raveners don't have any characters so I don't have to worry about any challenge shennigans either.

As a whole the army can lay down a blistering amount of fire power and is decent in melee. The only potential problems I foresee are fliers and AV14.

I still need to work around a bit with the list to find some points to include an Aegis defense line. One of the nice things about this list is I already have most of the models which is really cool.

No comments: