¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Storm Crowes to invade Los Angeles !!


This weekend I will participate in the Comikaze Con 40k event run by our very own Reecius here at BoLS. I am very excited as this is only the second national event I'll be able to attend this year due to my busy work schedule. Games are 1500 points and follow the Bay Area Open (BOA) format. I've been spending the week in San Francisco to attend a seminar for work so it's just a short hop by air down to Los Angeles this Friday afternoon.

I have been busy painting this past weekend and was able to finish my heroes for the my army. I will be running a Grey Knight - Necron alliance which I often refer to as the ubiquitous Storm Crowes. First up is the Destroyer Lord I have christened Lord Shiva...


The first photo is poor quality unfortunately but is a WIP shot. I was trying to emulate Kenny Boucher's (Next Level Painting) air brush style with my paint brush.


Lord Shiva

This is the finished work... eventually I will do the base as well. I think he turned out okay.

Next are a couple of pictures featuring one of my Keepers of the Flame and my conversion for Castellan Crowe.

Keeper of the Flame

Castellan Crowe
Here is one of the Purifiers' rhinos...


And finally the Night Scythe...


Army List
Castellan Crowe

Purifiers #1
Keeper of the Flame - master crafted Nemesis Warding Stave
2x Purifier - Psycannon
2x Purifier - Nemesis Force Sword
Rhino

Purifiers #2
Keeper of the Flame - Nemesis Daemonhammer
2x Purifier - Psycannon
2x Purifier - Nemesis Force Sword
Rhino

Purifiers #3
Keeper of the Flame - Nemesis Daemonhammer
2x Purifier - Psycannon
2x Purifier - Nemesis Force Sword
Rhino

Stormraven
Hurricane Bolters
Twin linked Assault Cannon
Twin linked Multi-Melta
Psybolt Ammo

I have only been able to get in a few practice games with this army and overall it has done well. My concept is to have an equal split between the ground forces and the air force. It has only three flyers and I think that is about right at 1500 points. The list is very easy to scale up and I plan to eventually add Lychguard mounted in another Nightscythe.

No comments: