¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Friday, November 23, 2012

Khorne Army Part 2 (modified 2000 point army list)


So I had time today to play a few games with my 'new' army during the holiday break... Khorne has always been one of my perennial armies that I keep coming back to again over the years. I played some 2500 point games so I could test out a flying daemon prince in the army as well... I really need to find a way to work him into my 2000 point list ! I am going to drop the chainaxes - they are pricey and not really doing anything for the army based upon my test play so far... that help will free up some points for a prince.

I have had some recent comments elsewhere that this army is one dimesional... it is but that doesn't mean it is a bad list or uncompetitive. The main reasons why this army can win games being that it is obviously very heavy hitting in melee and is also highly mobile since the daemon component deep strikes onto the battlefield. The shift to shooting in 6th edition is also another important factor that can help a lot.

There are lots of armies out there now that are built to stand back and shoot behind an Aegis Defense Line... the bulk of the daemonic units drop in on turn one forcing the opponent to focus fire on them while the landraiders move into position. It is the classic application of assaulting the enemy via several waves of attack.

So here is the new army list...

World Eaters (Primary Detachment)
Kharn

6x Berserker
Champion /lightning claw, power fist
* Veterans of the Long War

Land raider /extra armor, dozer blades, dirge caster

7x Berserker
Champion /lightning claw, power fist
* Veterans of the Long War

Land raider /extra armor, dozer blades, dirge caster

7x Berserker
Champion /lightning claw, power fist
* Veterans of the Long War
Rhino /dozer blades, dirge caster

Chaos Daemons (allied Detachment)
Herald of Khorne /Juggernaught, Unholy Might, Fury of Khorne, Blessing of the Blood God

5x Blood Crusher /Fury of Khorne

8x Bloodletter

Deamon Prince /MoN, Wings, Iron Hide, Unholy Might, Cloud of Flies, Noxious Touch, Breath of Chaos


This list has pretty much everything I want and has even better speed now with the inclusion of the Nurgle Prince.

No comments: