¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Daemonic Shift


I am very dedicated to building the best Khorne list. This commitment means testing different types of army lists. Currently I'm playing a lot of 2500 point games so I can test many different units and decide which ones work the best. I have one style of army I like that uses Chaos Space Marines as the primary detachment and I've played quite a few games with this list - this features two land raiders. I'm now using Chaos Daemons as the primary detachment... This style of army is much more aggressive in nature and is even more powerful in melee. Here is the 2500 point list I used last night versus Space Wolves with allied Grey Knights:

Chaos Daemons - Primary Detachment
Bloodthirster - Unholy Might, Blessing of the Blood God

Skulltaker - Juggernaught
Herald - Juggernaught, Unholy Might, Fury of Khorne, Blessing of the Blood God
4x Bloodcrusher - Fury of Khorne

16x Bloodletter
8x Bloodletter
8x Bloodletter

Chaos Space Marines - Allied Detachment
Abbadon
8x Berzerker - Icon of Wrath
Champion - Lightning Claw, Power Fist
Chaos Storm Eagle - Reaper autocannon, Daemonic Possession

9x Chaos Space Marine - Mark of Khorne, Close Combat Weapons, Flamer, Icon of Wrath
Champion - Lightning Claw, Power Fist
Land Raider - Extra Armor, Dozer Blades, Dirge Caster


Here is the list I played against last night:

Space Wolves - Primary Detachment
Wolf Lord - Saga of the Bear, Thunderwolf Mount, Thunder Hammer, Runic Armor, Storm Shield, Wolftooth Necklace
Wolf Lord - Saga of the Warrior, Thunderwolf Mount, Frost Blade, Runic Armor, Storm Shield, Wolftooth Necklace
4x Thunderwolf Cavalry - Stormshields, Power Fist, Mark of the Wulfen

10x Grey Hunter - Plasmagun, Meltagun, Power Fist
10x Grey Hunter - Plasmagun, Meltagun, Power Fist

Aegis Defense Line - Icarus Lascannon

Grey Knights - Allied Detachment
Grand Master - Nemesis Warding Stave, Incinerator, Psykotropic Grenades, Rad Grenades
4x Grey Knight Terminator - 3x Nemesis Force Halberd, Brotherhood Banner, Psycannon, Daemon Hammer
Justicar - Nemesis Force Halberd
Land Raider Crusader - Extra Armor, Multi-Melta, Psybolt Ammo

4x Interceptor - Psycannon
Justicar - Nemesis Daemon Hammer

Vindicare Assassin


So a very nasty melee army to fight indeed !! I don't want to post a full batrep but in terms of the overall assault results my daemons and Abbadon took out both Grey Hunter packs, Grand Master, Grey Knight terminators and the Inceptors. The Wolf Lords and Thunderwolf Cavalry took out my Khorne Marines, big squad of Bloodletters and one of the eight man squads of Bloodletters. I made a few silly mistakes since this was the first time I played this new list but I was quite happy to see I ended up doing more damage in close combat. Abbadon is a true beast - he is definitely a keeper.

The Warding Stave and special grenades were annoying as always but in the end the Grey Knights and Grey Hunters were outmatched. It is definitely worth noting my opponent held both of his Wolf Lords attached to the Thunderwolf Cavalry in reserve and they didn't arrive until the top of the fourth turn - that really helped a lot. I also took a bit of a risky drop with my Heralds attached to my Bloodcrushers and they didn't scatter... They was huge as my opponent only had one turn to shoot them before they assaulted the next turn.

Grey Knights have a real problem versus Khorne daeomons since Blessing of the Blood God grants a 2++ save versus force weapons and this is also the case for Abbadon since he has terminator armor... as such my two Heralds and Abbadon tanked most of the wounds inflicted by the Grey Knights in melee.

It was a great game.

No comments: