¥ Terminus Est Search Engine ¥

Blood Vow

Happiness is success... (Buddha)

Friday, December 22, 2017

8th edition Battle Report: Black Legion vs. Blood Angels


Mission:
No Mercy (Eternal War)

Objectives -
Kill Points, First Blood, Slay the Warlord (StWL), Line Breaker

Deployment:
Dawn of War

This was a 1500 point game, my Black Legion lead by Abbadon versus the new Blood Angels lead by Commander Dante.

Here’s my army list:

++ Vanguard Detachment ++
(Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [1317 pts]

+ HQ +

Abaddon the Despoiler [240 pts]

Sorcerer in Terminator Armour [132 pts]:
Combi-Bolter - Force Axe
Psy Powers: Death Hex - Warp Time - Prescience
Eye of Tzeentch
Mark of Tzeentch

+ Heavy Support +

Chaos Land Raider [367 pts]:
Havoc Launcher - Twin Heavy Bolter - 2x Twin Lascannon

+ Elites +

Chaos Terminators [303 pts]:
Icon of Wrath - Mark of Khorne
Chaos Terminator Champion:
Chainfist - Combi-Bolter
3x Terminator: 2x Lightning Claw
Terminator: Combi-Melta - Power Axe
Terminator: Chainfist - Heavy Flamer

Chaos Terminators [275 pts]:
Icon of Excess - Mark of Slaanesh
Chaos Terminator Champion:
Combi-Bolter - Power Axe
3x Terminator: Combi-Melta - Power Axe
Terminator: Chainfist - Heavy Flamer

Note I had permission to run only two elite choices.

++ Auxiliary Support Detachment ++ -(Chaos - FW Heretic Astartes) [164 pts]

+ Elites +

Hellforged Contemptor Dreadnought [164 pts]:
Havoc Launcher - 2x Kheres Assault Cannon

++ Total: [1481 pts] ++

My opponent had the following units:

Dante
Librarian Dreadnaught
10x Death Company - assorted melee weapons
5x Sanguinary Guard - assorted melee weapons
5x Tactical Marine - meltagun & combi-melta
10x Tactical Marine - Power Fist & Heavy Flamer
Rhino
Stormraven

I finished deploying first but lost the roll off to go first which was fine and did not roll to seize. There was some really classic dice rolls this game !

The report is a simple summary covering gaming highlights. I held my Khorne terminators, Sorcerer and Abbadon in teleport reserve. Slaneesh terminators embark in the transport beside the dreadnaught, both behind line of sight blocking terrain.

My opponent held Dante and his Sanguinary Guard in deep strike reserve.

Turn 1 - Black Legion

Roll 3 hits for the landraider to hit the Stormraven with Prescience. I then roll two 1s to wound with the VotW strategem, spend command point to reroll one wound and roll another 1. My opponent then rolls a 6 to save the one wound.

Turn 2 - Black Legion

I drop the Khorne unit to assault the Death Company along with the Sorcerer. If I can wipe them out it’ll be First Blood and one kill point. The Sorcerer Warp Times them straight towards the waiting Death Company.

During the shooting phase I again roll only one hit with the landraider versus the Stormraven with Prescience... I manage to wound it and my opponent rolls a 6 again to save.

During the assault phase I reduce the Death Company to a single model. I pop the strategem to assault again and kill them for 1 KP and 1st Blood.

3rd Turn - Blood Angels

BA kill the Khorne terminator unit in return for 1 KP. The melta toting tactical squad hops out from the flyer to shoot my Sorcerer but he survives and kills two tactical Marines in the ensuing assault phase.

3rd Turn - Black Legion

Abbadon finally decides to join the party !!!

I kill the melta tactical squad during the shooting phase with the dreadnaught firing every weapon into them (Sorcerer had fallen back) for another KP. My landraider finally manages to drop 8 wounds on the Stormraven.

Turn 4 - Blood Angels

BA kill my Sorcerer in shooting phase for their first KP. The Librarian dreadnaught then kills my Contemptor in the assault phase for another KP.

Turn 4 - Black Legion

The Slaneesh terminator unit disembarks and kills the Stormraven with a well aimed shot coming from a combi-melta.

Abbadon slays both the Libby dread and Dante in melee for 2 more KP and StWL. The Slaanesh terminators slay the Sanguinary Guard in melee as well for another KP. Only the BA tactical squad is left along with their rhino and my opponent concedes.

No comments: